St Bartholomew Church was built in 1837 at the instigation of Thomas Keble, then vicar of Bisley. The architect was Robert Stokes of Cheltenham and the funding of the construction was supported by many colleagues of Thomas Keble in the “Oxford” Movement. It was the first of the Chapels of Ease in the large Bisley parish, but became a parish church when the Parish of Oakridge was formed some years later.
It is a very simple building consisting of nave, chancel, tower and porch with ashlar finish externally and white painted walls and ceiling internally. It does contain unusual barber poling decoration. The church was restored in the late 1850s by Henry Woodyer and redecorated in the 1950s by Peter Falconer. The building is listed Grade II. It sits below the village green, next to the village school and overlooking the Golden Valley.
9.30am Morning Worship
9.30am Holy Communion
We operate as a Benefice and worship at one of the other churches is encouraged when there is no service in your home church
9.30am and 11.00am Holy Communion around the Benefice
10.00am combined service
Sunday Services at St Bartholomew
Oakridge Lunch Club for elderly residents takes place monthly